Almost Dzogchen is designed to provide a Western Vajrayana Buddhist practicitioner view on what is happening out in my world. In no way should my views be considered those of someone who knows what I am talking about or should you consider me to know much about Dzogchen, Vajrayana Buddhism, or Buddhism at all. I am just slowly plodding along the path to Enlightenment.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Butter in Milk

The awakened mind is present.
Like butter in milk
It cannot be found.
Churn the mind with meditative comtemplation.


Raw milk contains butter. However, if you look for it, you will not find it there. Once you churn the milk, the butter will settle to the bottom of the container.

Similarly, within us is an awakened and enlightened mind. However deeply you search, you will not find it. With the process of meditation, the enlightened mind solidifies and materializes.

If you want butter, churn raw milk.

If you want an enlightened mind, meditate.

Labels: