Almost Dzogchen is designed to provide a Western Vajrayana Buddhist practicitioner view on what is happening out in my world. In no way should my views be considered those of someone who knows what I am talking about or should you consider me to know much about Dzogchen, Vajrayana Buddhism, or Buddhism at all. I am just slowly plodding along the path to Enlightenment.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Today is the Perfect Day!

“Hoje é o dia Perfeito. Pode acreditar!”
“Today is the perfect day. Be sure!”

I am sitting here listening to “Um Dia Perfeito” by Falamansa. They are young Brasilian Forró band.(there web site is http://www.falamansa.art.br) I cannot help but be uplifted and filled with happiness when I listen to Forró Music.

Forró music has its roots in Northeast Brasil. It is an upbeat, extremely danceable beat with lyrics about love and happiness. Its about being so filled with love that there is no room for anything else.

For me, it’s great form of Buddhist music. It exudes with happiness and love. It encourages spontaneous singing and dancing.

I can easily see hundreds, even thousands, of people singing and dancing in the streets. Their bodies, voices, and minds so filled with love and happiness that there is no room for anger, greed, jealousy, or pride.

So Dance! Sing! Rejoice!

Today is the Perfect Day! Be Sure!

Many Dharma Blessings,

Geoff