Almost Dzogchen is designed to provide a Western Vajrayana Buddhist practicitioner view on what is happening out in my world. In no way should my views be considered those of someone who knows what I am talking about or should you consider me to know much about Dzogchen, Vajrayana Buddhism, or Buddhism at all. I am just slowly plodding along the path to Enlightenment.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Respect for other Practicitioners and Sanghas

Just remember, we should only say good things to
others Practicitioners and Sanghas. Only say good things
about their Sangha, their center, and their teachers.
(My teacher would have my head if I were to speak negatively about another Sangha!)

Review 32 of the 37-Practices of a Bodhisattva:

While speaking of others, the force of delusion may
cause us to dwell on the flaws they possess.
Should we find fault with a Bodhisattva, our own own
reputation will suffer instead.
Avoid the mistake of disparaging others who have
entered upon the Mahayana's great path.
We should only speak of our own faults - the Sons of
the Buddhas all practice this way.

Just remember, how the Dalai Lama speaks about the
Chinese dispite what they have done to his country.

No matter what others do, we can always wish them the very
best success in following their chosen path to
practice.

Many Dharma Blessings,

Geoff