Almost Dzogchen is designed to provide a Western Vajrayana Buddhist practicitioner view on what is happening out in my world. In no way should my views be considered those of someone who knows what I am talking about or should you consider me to know much about Dzogchen, Vajrayana Buddhism, or Buddhism at all. I am just slowly plodding along the path to Enlightenment.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Veggies and The Five Colors

I have seen a number of connections between the primary colors of Vajrayana Buddhism. However, today’s connection was just too fun.

I bought a bottle of juice from a company called Kagome. The juice tastes great. I will buy again. What really interested me was the little tag on the bottle that I discovered when I went to open it up at home.

They have a beautifully designed first page (and back page as well) showing the five food colors. The point of their design is to flag “Eat Your Colors Every Day To Stay Healthy and Fit.” And what are these colors?
Blue, Green, Red, Yellow, and White (my order from the Dzogchen Shri Singha flag)

Yeah I know it’s a stretch but I love the connection so I am going to say that again Vajrayana Buddhist had it together and right a long time ago.

Blue, incidently also covers purple.
Yellow also covers orange.

The point of the colors is that we all would be much healthier if we ate from the color “wheel” each and every day. Kagome’s report on Nature’s Color Wheel.

The connection is this, these are the colors of the five Buddha families.
East: White
South: Yellow
West: Red
North: Green
Center: Blue

I am sure that there is a great master somewhere in Tibet that could give us the explanation. Until then, I suggest that we all still try to eat from all the Buddha Families everyday. (I think that the benefit is even greater than what Kagome ever contemplated)

Many Dharma Blessings,

Geoff