Almost Dzogchen is designed to provide a Western Vajrayana Buddhist practicitioner view on what is happening out in my world. In no way should my views be considered those of someone who knows what I am talking about or should you consider me to know much about Dzogchen, Vajrayana Buddhism, or Buddhism at all. I am just slowly plodding along the path to Enlightenment.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Looking for Opportunities to Help

The world is a wonderful place…for sure. So many things are screwed up! We can never run out of people and situations to help out.

Do you realize that if everything always went your way, if you never ran into obstacles, if you always succeeded at every situation, there would be absolutely no reason for you to ever learn anything. You would in fact already know everything that you needed to know.

I think that each one of our lives would be rather boring. Its kind of like one of those car rides at amusement parks where no matter what you do, you can’t crash. Where you cannot get off track. As soon you are old enough to realize that you cannot mess up….you get really bored.

So, as we become increasingly aware of the problems throughout the world, we are increasingly given opportunities to make a difference.

These last 3 days, I have faced the usual number of problems and obstacles. However, I have somehow not taken any of it personal. In fact I feel like I am running around looking for problems to work on – well at least ones that I think I can make a difference. There are plenty of big stuff with which I will never be able to do much. The trick is to find the ones that are small enough to help out.

Keep looking for those problems. Trying to help fix problems: Its the best place for all of us to spend our time.

Many Dharma Blessings,

Geoff