Almost Dzogchen is designed to provide a Western Vajrayana Buddhist practicitioner view on what is happening out in my world. In no way should my views be considered those of someone who knows what I am talking about or should you consider me to know much about Dzogchen, Vajrayana Buddhism, or Buddhism at all. I am just slowly plodding along the path to Enlightenment.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Remembering the Words of Guru Rinpoche

“Though my view is higher than the sky, my conduct (and actions) is finer than barley flour.”

No anger, no fear, no regrets. This is what comes to mind regarding the current situation facing the world. There comes a time when one must stand up to evil forces and do what is necessary to subdue them.

I wish there was a way such evil could be could be eliminated without the loss and destruction of human lives.

No anger: the actions should be taken without anger and hate. It can be done with the same attitude that we have when removing weeds from a garden. It is likely that I will kill some living organism. I did not intent to kill them. However, it will and does happen.

No fear: The removal should be done with no fear of the repercussions. This needs to be done and it is being done now. As soon as ones decides what needs to be done, it is a matter of fearlessly going forth.

No regrets: When taking such action whether it is to remove weapons from terrorist group or weeds from your garden, it is best to fully accept ones responsibility for our actions. No matter what the outcome is, one should hold no regrets. You did what you needed to do.

Finally, I would want to remember, the words of Guru Rinpoche and be most careful with my actions… Then do what needs to be done.

Many Dharma Blessings,

Geoff