Almost Dzogchen is designed to provide a Western Vajrayana Buddhist practicitioner view on what is happening out in my world. In no way should my views be considered those of someone who knows what I am talking about or should you consider me to know much about Dzogchen, Vajrayana Buddhism, or Buddhism at all. I am just slowly plodding along the path to Enlightenment.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Watching the Future Unfold

My root teacher just came through Salt Lake City. It seems like years since I had the opportunity to really talk to him one-on-one in the ways that I had in some years past.

The time was wonderful because I was able to understand where he was headed. Khenpo Choga Rinpoche has begun to build his legacy which he has unrelently followed.

Khenpo Choga Rinpoche really and truly wants ALL sentient beings to be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. He wants ALL sentient beings to have happiness and the causes of happiness.

When you have this as ones objective and not just some nice slogan to repeat within prayers, you have amazing power. When everything you do fits within the context of your mission, you cannot stop and you become the living advertisement for your plan.

So this is one of the greatest lessons I took away from Khenpo Choga Rinpoche’s short visit to Salt Lake City: Set your true plan and follow it. Realize that there will be unexpected obstacles and unexpected successes. But no matter what, one stays the course. Never surrender to obstacles. Never abandon your plan no matter what may arise.

I have seen the future unfolding and I rejoice.

Many Dharma Blessings,

Geoff